Cambrian News photographer - Aberystwyth Town's scorer Declan Walker.

DECLAN Walker’s 81st minute penalty snatched Aberystwyth their first away win of the season in the JD Welsh Premier, to move within just two points of a top six position.

Cambrian News reported “There was one change to the starting side that drew at home to Caernarfon, with Wes Baynes coming in at right back in place of Jack Rimmer.

Despite playing into a strong headwind, Aber started brightly as Paulo Mendes and Mathew Jones dominated the early stages in the middle.

Aber’s Ryan Wollacott headed Wes Baynes’ free kick narrowly wide, but at the other end Mark Connolly fired a set piece over the visitors’ crossbar.

Llandudno pushed on with the wind at their backs, and keeper Terry McCormick rushed out of his goal to produce a fine save to smother George Harry’s close-range strike.

Minutes later, the Aber custodian punched Connolly’s corner kick clear from under the crossbar.

Aber responded with their best chance of the half when Baynes’ dangerous free kick was met by Declan Walker, but his header rattled the bar and bounced off the goal line.

As half time approached, Walker got a nick on Baynes’ front post cross, only for keeper Shaun Pearson to tip the effort over the crossbar.

The Seasiders started the second half on top, as Baynes whipped another free kick into the penalty area where the slightest of touches would have diverted the ball goalbound.

On 54 minutes, Ashley Ruane had his first sight of goal as he struck a 20 yard piledriver towards the top corner, only for Pearson to push it out, but at the other end Leo Smith brought the ball down well before sending his shot over the crossbar.

Joe Phillips was introduced in place of Rio Ahmadi, and soon after Ryan Edwards produced a neat one-two with Phillips before curling an effort into the palms of the home keeper.

Pearson did well to deal with Mathew Jones’ in-swinging corner kick, but on 81 minutes the visitors finally made the breakthrough.

Ruane latched on to a loose ball in the penalty area before receiving a needless shove in the back from Kai Edwards, resulting in the penalty.

Captain Walker stepped up and he slotted straight down the middle to give Aber the lead, to the delight of the travelling fans behind the goal.

Aber then had 10 minutes to see the game out as Llandudno began threw the kitchen sink at their goal.

On 85 minutes John Owen raced through on goal before being forced wide by keeper McCormick, and then Steve Thomas’ follow up was well blocked by Steff Edwards.

Then, on 90 minutes, Llandudno’s Zyyac Edwards, who was already on a booking, appeared to lash out in frustration as he threw his boot into the terracing on the side of the pitch, which resulted in his sending off.

The visitors saw out four minutes of additional time, with defenders Goodall and Wollacott standing strong, to record a huge victory.

LLANDUDNO: S Pearson, M Connolly, M Pearson, K Edwards, D Hughes, Z Edwards, L Smith (T Jones 66’), A Webb (A Fosu-Mensah 80’), J Owen, G Harry, S Thomas. Subs not used: I Hewitt, O Jones, T Williams, M Williams.

ABERYSTWYTH: T McCormick, W Baynes, S Edwards, A Goodall, R Wollacott, P Mendes, P Ahmadi (J Phillips 68’), D Walker, R Edwards (G Kellaway 85’), M Jones, A Ruane. Subs not used: L Jenkins (gk), J Rimmer, L Jenkins, N Blake, N Coleridge.Attendance: 226. Referee: G Townsend” here.